Nothing says summer more than 3 heaping scoops of ice cream melting together on a cake cone.My son loved getting his hands messy to make this delicious treat. To top it off it is a great craft to send off to the grandparents.
- Print the cake cone pattern and have your kiddo color it.
- Once your child has finished coloring their cone, have them cut it out or you can do it for them. Then have them glue it onto construction paper.
- Now the fun begins! Put your child’s art smock on or just let them go shirtless. Paint your child’s hand their color of choice and add a scoop to their cone. (Notice that I have the cone upside down and at the top of the page.)
- If you plan to make more than one like we did, make sure to do all the handprints of one color before moving on to the next.
- Depending on your color choices you may need to wash hands in between each color scoop.
The boy was very excited about his creations and he can’t wait to share them with family.
More Craft Ideas:
A Cool Ice Cream Craft from Spell Outloud.
Have fun creating with your tot.