In our next unit you will be talking about community helpers. The verse you will be working on this week with your child is Colossians 3:23.
- Two household chores your child can help with, and the materials for both
- A small treat for finishing the jobs well
- Pick two household chores your child can help you with, one that your child loves to help with, and the other they aren’t so keen on.
- We picked the dishes and picking up toys. E hates to pick up toys, but E loves to do the dishes.
- Have your child help with the chore that they really like first.
- Finish the task and tell your child that its time to go do the second task.
- If they put up a fight, encourage them to finish their task.
- Talk about the devotional with your child.
- Give your tot a treat for a job well done.
Talk with your child about the following:
Today we are going to talk about doing all the things we do for God, and not for anybody else watching. Our verse today talks about working for God. When we work for God we do everything the very best we can! When we did our jobs today, it was easier to do some things because we like to do them. Sometimes though we have to do jobs that we don’t really like. Even in those times we need to do things the very best we can. When we do everything our very best, people see that, and we can tell them about God and Jesus. Sometimes what we have to do won’t be fun, but, just like I gave you a treat today, God will always reward our hard work in His time and in His way.
Questions to ask:
- Who should we be doing all our work for? God
- Should we work hard even if we don’t like what we’re doing? Yes
|Questions? Post questions or comments on our Facebook Page. You may have the same question as someone else. If you don’t have a Facebook account, feel free to email us.|