The verse you will be working with your child on this week is Isaiah 1:18.
- Memory Verse Card
- A plain white sheet of paper that has been laminated
- A colored dry erase marker (preferably red)
- An eraser
- Give the white sheet of paper and the marker to your tot.
- Go over the devotion with your child
- Say the verse above with your tot. We suggest that you print the verse off and use it every morning with your calendar time. If you don’t do calendar time still say the verse each morning with your tot before you begin tot school.
Talk with your child about the following:
Do you know what color snow is? That’s right, it white! What color is your piece of paper? Yes, its white, too! You also have a marker in your hand, don’t you? Well, we are going to play a game with the marker and the piece of paper, ok? Now I am going to name some things that you may have done, and if you’ve ever done those things, I want to you draw on your white sheet with your marker, ok? Ok, have you ever:
*Said No to Mommy or Daddy
*Taken a toy away from someone and not wanted to share
*Not gone to bed when you’re asked too
*Yelled at Mommy or Daddy
*Thrown a fit for not getting what you wanted
We have done some of those things, haven’t we? You know, all of the things that we’ve talked about aren’t very good things, are they? The Bible tells us that when we do things like not listen to mommy or daddy, or be unkind to others, we are doing something called sinning. Now sin shows up to God on our hearts like these colored lines on this paper. God loves us very much, and He wants us to be clean and white, like our paper was before we put marks on it. Now, we can’t get rid of the marks all by ourselves because we need someone to erase them. Do you know who can erase all of those marks on us? Only one person can, and that person is Jesus. When we believe that Jesus came to wipe away all of those marks He comes and He does it, just like this eraser can wipe away all of the marks on us too! Let’s pray to God and thank him for sending Jesus to take away all of the marks on us.
Dear Father, you are such a loving God. We know that you don’t want us to be covered with the marks the bad things we do can leave on us. We also know that you sent Jesus to take those marks away. Help us to believe in Him more each day. Thank you for sending Jesus to us, and we ask Lord that you will help us each day to do the things you would like us to do and to live in your will. Amen.
Questions to ask:
- You may want to review last weeks questions with your tot
- What can leave marks on you and me? Sin
- Who did God send to clean those marks from us? Jesus!