This week our lessons revolve around a Halloween theme. Our verse for this week is Ephesians 2:8.
Some pieces of trash
A garbage bag
A small bag of candy or treats your tot likes
- Put the pile of trash in front of your child (you can use old newspaper ads)
- Tell your child that today you are going to learn about grace
- Ask them what they think they will get from you if they give you the garbage
- Give them a treat for their garbage
- Talk about the devotional with your child
- Afterwards, pray with your little one and ask them the suggested questions.
- Say the verse above with your child. We suggest that you print the verse off and use it every morning with your calendar time. If you don’t do calendar time still say the verse each morning with your tot before you begin tot school.
Talk about the following with your tot:
You gave mommy a whole bunch of garbage, didn’t you? I had you put it in the garbage bag, because what do we do with garbage? We throw it away, don’t we? I told you that we were going to talk about grace today. Grace is when God gives us something that we didn’t earn. Its something we don’t deserve, but He loves us, so He gives to us. Sometimes, we do things that aren’t good, don’t we? You might talk back to mommy, or you might fight daddy when its time to sleep, but you know what, mommy and daddy still love you. We still want to give you good things, because we care about you very much. Did you know that God is that way with all of us? God send His son, Jesus, to take away all of the bad things that we have done. Jesus takes them away like we take our garbage away, all we have to do is ask Jesus to take away the bad things we do. And you know what he gives us for our bad things? Good things! Lets thank God in our prayer today for sending Jesus to take away the bad things we have, so that we can have good things with Him in heaven.
Dear Father, We thank you so much for giving us grace. We do bad things sometimes, but we know that you love us. We thank you that you sent Jesus to take away the bad things we have done and give us good things instead. Thank you for loving us so much. Amen
Questions to ask your tot:
- You might want to review last weeks questions with your tot.
- What is it called when we get good things for our bad things? Grace
- Who did God send to take away our bad things? Jesus!
Questions? Post questions or comments on our Facebook Page. You may have the same question as someone else. If you don’t have a Facebook account, feel free to email us.