Our goal at 2 Teaching Mommies is to give you ideas that are easy to do, but fun for everybody. Our field trips section will provide ideas for places you can go or, extra things to do with your kiddo and take the whole family along. Our unit this week is all about the oceans. We happen to live quite far from the ocean, so some other type of trip is order for our little family! I scoured the internet for a pre-k friendly interactive field trip about the ocean. Alas, none was to be found. So, you get to create a field trip for your little one with a little help from me and your imaginations!
- Swimsuits (optional)
- Goggles (optional)
- Get out the map of the world and show your tot where all of the oceans are. If you printed mine, then you can let them color the oceans.
- Explain to your little one that there are so many things to see in the ocean, and tonight you’re going to go see some!
- Let your tot pick which ocean of the world they would like to go see! (It really won’t matter, but your tot will like picking!)
- Tell your tot that you have to get dressed to go to the ocean and have them put on their swimsuit. You can put on yours too if you’d like-it would make this MUCH more convincing!
- Get out your goggles and tell your kiddo that you need your goggles on to go underwater! Tell them that once you’re there you can take them off!
- Pull up the Ocean Alphabet Power-point and start exploring.
- Talk about the animals you’re seeing, and ask you tot what they think of them!
- You can combine this evening and Family Night for this week if your crunched for time. Use Madonna’s Muffin Tin Meal and make this an awesome evening!
- If you’re wanting to keep things really easy then you can watch an ocean movie, like Finding Nemo, after “exploring”.
- We played hide and seek as “fish” and swam to find one another. E really liked this one, as she is currently going through a “hiding” phase!
|Questions? Post questions or comments on our Facebook Page. You may have the same question as someone else. If you don’t have a Facebook account, feel free to email us.|