Ok, I ain’t gonna lie. This is a HARD thing to do a theme night on. That, dear mommies, is why we are here. We aim to please! Our theme night had two stations, one for the doctor and the other for the dentist.
Our Living room was the “doctor’s office” and we played this Doctor Game. Here is what you need:
- Download and print off these kiddos and the color dice. Laminate them if you think you might use them again!!
- Mommy, Daddy, and the kiddos each take a “patient”.
- In the middle of the table, put a pile of band-aids.
- Each person rolls the color dice. You have to match the color on the dice to one of your patients “boo-boos”. If you have a “boo boo” that matches the color rolled, you take a band-aid and cover one of your patients “boo-boos”. If you don’t have that color anymore than the next person takes their turn.
- The first person to cover all of their patients “boo-boos” wins!
I will tell you that E loved playing with band-aids. Like most kids, she is a sucker for band-aids, so this was a fun game!
Our kitchen was our “dentist’s office” and we made a dentist snack. I don’t think that a dentist would really recommend this snack, but it turned out cute. You’ll need:
- an apple
- some mini marshmallows
- some peanut butter
Directions: Cut the apple into slices. Spread some peanut butter on two slices of the apple. Put the mini marshmallows between the two slices and make a “mouth”. You then get to eat this weird little combo, which E enjoyed!
Here are a couple more ideas you might want to try!
- Cut a large tooth shape out of a yellow piece of construction paper. Using an old toothbrush and some white paint, let your child “brush” on the white paint to make it clean. (no pics available, but the idea comes from childfun.com)
- Give your child a couple of chocolate cookies (like Oreo’s) and then let them look at their teeth. Talk about how some foods stick to your teeth more than others, especially sweet and sticky foods, which is why we need to make sure and brush our teeth each night. (This idea was also on childfun.com)
If you have any ideas that you would be willing to share with the rest of us, please do in the comments! We would love to know what you all do on your family nights!
|Questions? Post questions or comments on our Facebook Page. You may have the same question as someone else. If you don’t have a Facebook account, feel free to email us.|