You’ve might have seen these around the world wide web. The boy and I actually created one last year, but I thought it was the perfect craft to pull out for our Rain Forest week.
This is a simple craft with very little prep. We still have to add our final touches to ours, but painting is always a big hit for my boy.
- Print the spiral snake pattern onto the cardstock (or draw your own
spiral snake pattern on cardstock).
- Cut along the outside edge and follow the spiral all the way to the center of the design. (Painting first may prevent you from seeing the spiral line, that’s why I suggest to cut it first. We didn’t do that and I just guess where I was suppose to be cutting.)
- Paint one or both sides of the snake with color(s) of choice. For more advance kiddos, they can create a pattern on the snake’s body.
- Optional: Glue a piece of red yarn to the snake’s tongue and two googly-eyes to its head.
- Poke a small hole at the end the snake’s tail.
- Attach paper clip through the hole.
- Tie one end of the yarn to the other side of the paperclip.
- Hang your snake mobile in desired location.
Have fun creating with your tot.
Leave a Reply