Did you know that a prairie dog will sometimes somersault down its burrow to flee an enemy? Did you know that before World War II “paper” money was made of silk? Or that a handful of soil has more tiny organisms in it than there are people on Earth?
No? Well my son would love to fill you in. You see, he loves facts. Once he learns something new he can’t wait to tell daddy when he gets home or anyone else that will listen. It’s almost as though he wants to see if he can stump his audience. As a teaching mommy I love his desire to learn more about the world around him. It pushes me to look for new ways to foster his voracious appetite for learning.
Disclosure: I received this product for free and was compensated for my time. All opinions expressed are my own and I was not required to post a positive review.
So you can imagine how stoked I was to get my hands on Silver Dolphin’s Everything You Need to Know Smithsonian Card Sets.
Everything You Need to Know Smithsonian Card Sets
With input from experts at the Smithsonian, Silver Dolphin Books developed the fun facts above along with 272 others in their Everything You Need to Know Grades K-1 card set. This set covers 20 different categories including Outer Space, A Rainbow of Animals, Transportation, 50 U.S. States, Weather Wonders and more. Each category is tabbed and color coded making it easy to keep the cards organized. Every card has bold colorful pictures on the front and back along with the kind of information a young learner needs.
While the random trivia and novel facts are fun, rest assured your child will learn even more. Such as, Australia is the biggest island while also being the smallest continent in the world. They’ll also discover that ears not only help with hearing but also with your balance. This set is full of these basic facts about geography, history, anatomy, plants, animals and more.
Ways to Use the Smithsonian Card Sets
- Take them on a road trip. Our son enjoyed pulling out all the cards in a topic and reading the more interesting facts (which was just about all of them) to us on a recent road trip. The sturdy box and compact size make it a great addition to a busy box on long trips.
- Use them to spark conversation at the dinner table. These cards can serve as good conversation starters. The Stars card in the Outer Space category did just that for our family. It states that there are more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on Earth. This sparked a great conversation about fact and theory, while eating dinner.
- Supplement your school curriculum. These sets would be a great addition for your homeschool and classroom studies. Simply pull out the cards that go with what you’re studying to include the facts in your morning calendar time or as a warm up to get them excited about the topic at hand. With all the various topics provided in the Everything You Need to Know fact sets you’re sure to find something that fits.
If your kid is a fact junkie then you need to go check out this Silver Dolphin Books Smithsonian card set or its 2nd-3rd grade companion. It’s a great educational supplement that your kids (and even the rest of the family) will get enjoyment from.
Find out More About Silver Dolphin Books
Connect with them.
- Website – https://silverdolphinbooks.com/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/SilverDolphinBooks
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/silverdolphin
- Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/silver_dolphin/
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/silverdolphinbooks/
Leave a Reply