This week our theme is Rain Forest! Our verse comes from 1 Chronicles 16:33.
“Let the trees of the forest sing, let them sing for joy before the Lord.”
- The Memory Verse Card
- The Bible Song Joy In My Heart (I don’t know this lady, but I like the version because it doesn’t talk about Satan and tacks, which aren’t necessary for today!)
- Say the verse above with your tot. We suggest that you print the verse off and use it every morning with your calendar time. If you don’t do calendar time still say the verse each morning with your tot before you begin tot school.
- Follow the cues given in this devotional.
Talk with your child about the following:
Today we are going to learn about joy. Would you sing a song with me to help us learn about joy? Ok, let’s sing it! (Sing Joy In My Heart)
One part of our verse talks about singing for joy, so you can tell me what you think joy is? Joy is kind of like happiness, but better. Lots of thing can make us happy, but that feeling doesn’t always last very long because something else can come and make us sad. Joy though is something we have in our hearts no matter what happens. Joy is something that God put in our hearts because He made us and all things to bring glory to Him.
This week we’ve been learning all about the rainforest. We’ve talked some about the animals that live in the rainforest, and some about the type of plants that live there too, like big tall trees.
Our memory verse today talks about the trees in the forest singing. Have you ever heard trees sing? No, trees don’t really sing, do they? Sometimes the wind blows through them and the wind makes noise, but the trees don’t sing. Trees in the rainforest don’t really sing either. The verse today isn’t talking about singing like we just did, its talking about showing the best we have, just like we do when we show joy. Because God made all things, all things bring glory to Him, and joy is when we glorify God. The trees glorify God and sing for joy just by being trees, and we glorify God and sing for joy just by being us! Let’s pray
Dear God, thank you for the joy that you have put in our hearts. We know that you made all things, and that all things live to bring your honor, glory, and praise. Be with us today and help us to show the joy we have in our hearts. Amen
Questions to ask:
- You might want to review last weeks questions with your tot.
- Who should sing for joy? Us
- Who should we be singing to? God