This week our theme is Summer! Our verse comes from Matthew 13:43.
- The Memory Verse Card
- Some sunglasses
- Say the verse above with your tot. We suggest that you print the verse off and use it every morning with your calendar time. If you don’t do calendar time still say the verse each morning with your tot before you begin tot school.
- This particular devotional will work best outside.
- Follow the cues given in this devotional.
Talk with your child about the following:
You know, we are heading into a very fun time of the year. This week we have been doing things that talk about summer. We’ve been learning about some of the things we do, and we’ve been talking about how it feels outside in the summer. One of the things that we see a lot of in the summer is the sun. The sun shines on us more in the summer than at any other time of the year! The sun can be very bright, huh?
Sometimes when its really bright outside, we wear sunglasses, like these, to help our eyes because the sun can be very bright and make it hard to see. When we come outside on a sunny day, we can help but notice that the sun is out. We see the light, we feel the heat, and we know the sun is shining.
Our Bible verse today talks about the sun. It tells us that when we believe in Jesus, we shine like the sun. Just like we can’t help but see the sun when its out, when we have Jesus in our heart people can’t help but see that He’s there. People will see the way we treat other people, and the way we love, serve, and help others and they will see God shine through us. We want to shine so bright for Jesus, that everyone knows it! Lets pray,
Dear Father, We know that you have made us to serve and bring Glory to you. We want to shine so bright with our love for you that others will see you through us. Help us to shine like the sun for you and your kingdom.
Questions to ask:
- You might want to review last weeks questions with your tot.
- What should we shine like? The Sun!
- Who helps us to shine like the sun? Jesus and God!