This week our theme is Baseball! Our verse comes from 2nd Corinthians 5:1.
“But we have a building made by God. It is a home in Heaven that lasts forever.”
- The Memory Verse Card
- A Home Plate base. If you don’t have one lying around (I’d imagine some of you don’t) you can make one out of paper.
- Say the verse above with your tot. We suggest that you print the verse off and use it every morning with your calendar time. If you don’t do calendar time still say the verse each morning with your tot before you begin tot school.
- Follow the cues given in this devotional.
Talk with your child about the following:
This week we have been learning all about baseball! We know a little bit more about baseball, huh? What do you do when you hit the ball with the bat? You run around the bases, right? Do you remember what base you’re trying to get to! That’s right, you’re trying to get to home plate, just like this one! Getting to the home plate is the whole point of the game!
You know, we use the word home to talk about where we live, too. Really home is a word that talks about where you come from. You have a home here with mommy and daddy, don’t you? Our home is on a planet called Earth, and it isn’t like a home plate in baseball, but its where we live right now. Our verse today talks about a different type of home for us, though.
In this verse Jesus talks about a home for us in Heaven with God. When Jesus was here on Earth He wasn’t at His home. Jesus left His home with God in Heaven to visit us here on Earth for a little bit. He left Heaven because He loved us very much, and He wanted to tell us more about God, and the home God has made for each of us in Heaven.
Just the like in baseball we try to get back to the home plate, while we are here on Earth we are trying to get back to our real home in Heaven. In our verse today, Paul tells us that we have a home in Heaven. One day, God will take us to His home, where we can be with Him all the time. Until that day though, Jesus wants us to love others and to tell everyone we can about God and His love for us, and the home he has for us in Heaven. Will you pray with me and thank God for the home He has made for us?
Dear God, thank you so much for sending you son, Jesus, to our home here on Earth. We know He came to tell us how much you love us, and to teach us how we can be with you in your home, Heaven, for ever and ever. Help us to tell others about your love for us and our home in Heaven!
Questions to ask:
- You might want to review last weeks questions with your tot.
- Where was Jesus from? Heaven
- Where in our REAL home with God? Heaven