- A stryofoam cup
- A seed
- Potting Soil
- Sit down with your tot and read the verse with them.
- Explain that today you are going to be talking about faith, and believing even when you don’t have proof you can see with your eyes.
- Tell your kiddo that they are going to be growing a plant with you!
- Fill your cup up about halfway with some dirt, then let your child put the seed in. Put in the remaining dirt and water. You can guide your tot based on their skill level with this one.
- Tell them that now their seed is ready to grow.
- Watch the cup with them for a couple of seconds and say “Do you know why our plant isn’t growing yet?”
- Go over today’s devotional with them.
- Put the cup in the window and wait for your sowing to lead to reaping.
Talk with your child about the following:
Sometimes we work for things that we don’t yet get to see. This seed will grow if we are faithful and water it each day, but it will take a little while to see something in our cup. When we follow God and do as He asks us to in the Bible, we know that God will do what is best for us. Sometimes though, things take a little while for us to see. God asks us to be faithful, and to follow Him even when we don’t know if what we plant is going to even grow! The Bible tells us that Faith is being sure of what we do not see. Today we will have faith that even though we don’t see the plant growing it will! We also need to have faith that God is with us even though we don’t see Him.
Questions to ask:
- What do we call it when we trust God? Faith
- Even though we don’t see God, is He with us? Yes
|Questions? Post questions or comments on our Facebook Page. You may have the same question as someone else. If you don’t have a Facebook account, feel free to email us.|