We recently got a chance to review Rich Davis’ Pick and Draw, the “one-of-a-kind drawing game that teaches you how to make very creative cartoon faces.”
We pulled it out to played together as a family. However, this game would work great in a writing center as well. Just have the kids draw one character and then create a story about them. Not only that, but it can be used with your home devotions or in your Sunday School class with Rich Davis’ free download: 10 Heart Messages.
A Little Info About Pick and Draw…
- It is a deck of cards.
- The game uses mainly simple shapes to guide you through drawing a unique character face.
- It can be played by one person or by any group number.
- Comes in a hard case and includes a sheet of character questions.
It just cost $10. Although, for November and December, they are offering a special discount. Buy the first game at regular price ($10) and every game after that is only $8. It would make a great STOCKING STUFFER or even Teacher Gift!!
So, here is our honest opinion of the game.
- Easy to Use – My son could, at just nearly four years old, draw a character following the simple shapes step-by-step. Sure the faces looked a bit rough, but it was super easy. (Give it a try online.)
- Great for ALL ages – My son enjoyed the game, even though he struggles with drawing the actual shapes. It also helped instill some confidence in him. My husband and I also enjoyed creating our characters.
- More Character Questions – We took the game in our own direction and made up a story about our characters popcorn style. But we thought it would be fun to have a stack of question cards that you could pick from that kept the creativity going. “What’s your character’s favorite vacation spot?” “What does your character do for a living?” The possibilities are endless.
Overall, this is a quality game that kids and adults will enjoy! It works great for a family night activity and can easily be brought into the classroom. To top it off, the price is right. I highly recommend adding Pick and Draw to your game collection.
|Review Disclosure: The featured product for this review was provided to us at no cost, by Pick and Draw for the sole purpose of product testing. All opinions expressed are our own.|