The new school year is quickly approaching and I don’t know about you, but I’m starting to feel the pressure. And well, its overwhelming.
Now mind you, I had several reasons for feeling overwhelmed:
- I got terrible sleep Saturday night due to a fussy baby.
- I still haven’t even started to look through our curriculum this year and I wanted to start school this week. <- That ain’t happening.
- My husband was at a conference Friday and Saturday.
- We’re in the process of moving our school room…but just finalize the plans…last night. <- Yeah, really not starting school this week.
- Toys are every where…I put them away and they take them out.
- and the list could go on…
I feel like I have so much to do in so little time, but don’t know where to start. I honestly feel like I’m living in a fog. I’m talking a thick heavy fog. Its causing my eyes to squint and my forehead to wrinkle just to see the next move in front of me. My heart starts beating fast and I just have to take a moment. A moment to breath. A moment in silence. A moment behind a closed locked door.
During one of my moments this weekend (yes that was plural) this Seeds Family Worship song came to mind.
And it filled me with peace. I’ve been holding on to all this stress and the Lord wants me to cast it on Him. I can trust in Him. He will give me rest. So, I will cast my cares on Him.
Do any of you struggle with stressing out about the new school year? How do you overcome?
Please be aware that affiliate links are present. If you purchase anything through an affiliate link, you give back a percentage to my family…thanks!