This week our theme is basketball! Our verse comes from 2 Corinthians 5:9.
“So, we make it our goal to please Him.”
- A basketball hoop and ball, like the little Nerf kind
- Some Ping Pong balls with Love, Peace, Patience, Obedience, and Kindness on them
- Say the verse above with your tot. We suggest that you print the verse off and use it every morning with your calendar time. If you don’t do calendar time still say the verse each morning with your tot before you begin tot school.
- Follow the cues given in this devotional.
Talk with your child about the following:
We have been talking about basketball this week, haven’t we. Basketball is a fun game that we can play, and that we can watch people play on TV! This time of year a lot of people watch basketball on TV, and mommy and daddy will probably let you see some basketball too!
In basketball players try to get the ball to a goal like this one (hold up the Nerf goal). You want to try and get the basketball in the goal? Go ahead, shoot it…GREAT! Good job! When players in basketball get the ball in the goal, they score points for their team, and they try to get the most goals to win the game.
Our verse today gives us a different goal. It tells us that our goal is to be please God! How do you think we can do that? (Let them name some things and respond accordingly!) Very good! We please God by doing what he asks us. I brought some little balls with some things on them that God asks us to do to please Him. We can talk about them and put them in the goal to remind us that our goal is to please God.
The first one is Love. You can show Love to mommy or daddy, or to Grandma and Grandpa, or to anyone! That would please God! The next one is Peace. Peace is when we don’t fight with one another, and we treat each other kindly. Can you think of a way we can do that? (Let them give some ideas) Yeah, that’s right! We also have some that say patience, which is waiting, obedience, which is doing what mommy, daddy, and God ask you, and kindness. Kindness is when we treat each other like we would want to be treated. All of these things please God, and it should be our goal to do them as much as we can so God is happy with our heart!
Questions to ask:
- You may want to review last weeks questions with your tot
- What is our goal? To please God!
- How do we please God? By doing what He asks!