The verse you will be working on with your child in the next unit, My Home, My Family, is Joshua 24:15.
“As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
- Memory Verse card for Joshua 24:15
- A flash light
- Turn off all of the lights in your house.
- Go into one room where it is dark and turn on the flash light.
- Ask you kiddo “Do you like to be in the dark?” Explain to them that sometimes when we are in the dark it can be hard to see.
- Turn on the flashlight and ask “Don’t you like it when there is light to see by?” Listen to their response and turn on the main light in the room.
- Talk about this weeks devotion.
- When you are done, go to each dark room in the house and exclaim “WE WILL SERVE THE LORD!” As you say this, turn the light on in that room and leave it on.
Talk with your child about the following:
No one likes to be in the dark, do they? Its always nice to have a light to help us see. Jesus told us that we can be light in the world. He told us that if we follow his commands and serve one another others will see the light in our life. You serve mommy and daddy when you pick up your toys, or help us set the table, or listen when we ask you to do something. When we all serve one another, our fills up with the love of Jesus! Its kind of like every room in the house having the light on! Will you go with me to each room in the house and promise to serve the Lord? When we do, the room will fill up with light! Come on, lets go!
Questions to ask:
- Why did God make you? To bring Him glory!
- Sing “This Little Light of Mine”
- You may want to review last weeks questions with your tot
- Mommy Devotional on the memory verse