Here is a fun and easy craft for you to do this week with our forest unit. You will need to do a little prep work ahead of time, but the kiddos will have fun with it!
- Green Paint
- Construction Paper
- Raccoon Heart Template
- Draw the trunks of several trees on your construction paper. We chose light blue so that the background would look a little like a sky.
- Using the green paint, let your child put their handprints at the top of the tree trunks to make a handprint forest. Your kiddo can also just mess the paint around to make leaves, like E did with a couple of them.
- As your paint dries on you forest, help your tot put together the raccoon heart craft.
- When your raccoon is finished you can paste him below the trees of your handprint forest where he can live quite happily.
- Place a moon in the sky above your forest and talk about how raccoons are asleep in the day, and awake in the night.
- Read a book that features a raccoon and do this as a stART activity.
E loved to put the raccoon together, and before bed for the past few nights she has gone to the kitchen to tell her raccoon good-night! Its too cute!
Leave a Reply