- The goal is to build as many 3-, 4- and 5-letter words as you can in 60 seconds.
- Combine beginning letters and blends with word families for word-building practice.
- Three skill levels challenge students further.
- Recommended ages is 5-8.
To give a little background, my son is 4.5. However, he is more advance in reading, so even though he was under the age requirement, Level 1 was a great fit for him. He did come across words that he didn’t recognize, such as par and jot, but this opened the door for us to discuss new words and their meaning. At this time, he doesn’t get a lot done in a minute, but there is no set goal that he is required to reach. This allows him to challenge himself by trying to beat his previous record. Being the perfectionist that he is, there are times that he gets frustrated with himself for not doing better than his previous score or selecting the wrong letter. As we always do, we just remind him that its ok if you make mistakes and to just have fun.
Sorry so fuzzy. Capture it with my cell phone from across the room.
So, here is my honest opinion:
- Simple to Use – Everything you need is right on the front. A switch for changing levels and two buttons for selecting words.
- Grows with the Child – It offers 3 different levels that increase the length of words as well as difficulty (incorporating blends).
- Portable Entertainment – It is small and you can take it just about anywhere. It would make a great addition to your travel game collection.
- Fun for ALL Ages – After the boy went to bed, my husband and I had fun competing against each other to see who could build the most words correctly in 60 seconds.
Overall, this is a great little product. I give it my full recommendation. Parents have countless options for their kids in the “mindless games” category. This is a fun, affordable game that also works the brain.
Now for the Giveaway
One lucky reader will receive their very own Word Whiz. This giveaway is OPEN FOR US ONLY. Ends Nov 5th at 12:01 am EST.
Don’t want to wait?
ENTER by using the Rafflecopter widget below and make sure to grab some extra entries. (Feed/Email readers you’ll have to click over to the blog to enter). Before entering make sure you look over the Terms Conditions. Good luck.
|2 Teaching Mommies Review/Giveaway Disclosure: The featured product for this giveaway was provided to us at no cost, by Learning Resources. All opinions expressed are my own. Please be aware that affiliate links may be present. If you purchase anything through an affiliate link, you give back a percentage to our family…thanks!|