Below you will find a list of suggestions and choices to create your own unique Family Theme Night. Pick and choose as you please…remember this isn’t about all the stuff it is about spending time with your family.
Meal: (Dinner, Desert or Both!)
- Pumpkin Turkey Chili –Love finding new chili recipes! This is another great one to add to fall recipe collection!
- Pumpkin Pie- This is a easy one that you can just pick up in the freezer section at the grocery story, if you are limited on time.
- Toasted Pumpkin Seeds– If you carve into a pumpkin then you might as well toast the seeds. It is really simple and a great healthy snack.
- Carve a Pumpkin– If you haven’t done it already and you are planning to, this would be a great activity for this night. We used it as an object lesson and read the Pumpkin Patch Parable before cutting into it.
- Pin the Face on the Pumpkin– Basically, this is just another version of Pin the tail on the donkey. Create a pumpkin using a large sheet of orange paper or by combining sheets of paper. If you don’t have orange, then just color it together as a family. Make a pumpkin nose, eyes and mouth with yellow or black construction paper. Then take turns blind folding the kids and “pinning” the different face pieces to the pumpkin. Have fun making silly faces!
- Easy Pumpkin Craft– This is an easy craft from DLTK Kids.
- Paper Bag Pumpkin Craft from Kaboose. Just add a face using black construction paper if you want to turn it into a Jack-o-lantern.
Read a Book:
Have a great time enjoying your family and making new memories.
|Questions? Post questions or comments on our Facebook Page. You may have the same question as someone else. If you don’t have a Facebook account, feel free to email us.