The verse you will be working on with your child in the next unit, The Ocean, is Isaiah 40:12.
“Who else has held the oceans in his hands?”
- Memory Verse card for Isaiah 40:12
- A small tub
- A bucket
- A cup
- Your hands
- A baby pool (or you can use the bath tub)
- Fill the baby pool or bath tub with water.
- Tell your kiddo that you are going to play a game to figure out how big God is. Ask them to pick up one of the items and fill it with water.
- Ask “Do you think God can hold that much water?”
- Regardless of what item you tot picks, or their answer, tell him that God can hold even more water than that. Ask him to pick up another item and fill it with water.
- Tell him again that God can hold even more water! If you have been to the beach remind your little one of how big the ocean was.
- Take your hands and fill them with water.
- Talk with your child about the devotion
- Afterwards, if your brave, you can continue to let your kiddo play in the water. 🙂
Talk with your child about the following:
We know that the ocean is VERY big, isn’t it. It holds more water than this bucket, than this cup, and even this pool (or bath tub). Our memory verse this week talks about the oceans. It comes from the book of Isaiah, and Isaiah asks us a question. He asks if we know who can hold the oceans in his hands? Do you know the answer? Its God! See even though the ocean is very big, God is much bigger. He made the oceans, and all the animals in them. He was able to hold all the water in the oceans the way mommy is holding this water in her hands! God is very big, and he loves us very much. We need to remember that no matter what happens we have a very big God who loves us very much!
Questions to ask:
- How can we glorify God? By loving Him, His commands and His creation!
- Sing “He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands”
- You may want to review last weeks question with your tot
- Mommy Devotional on the memory verse
I am SO excited for this simple and beautiful object lesson! Thank you! Plus I can’t wait to use the ocean preschool pack with my little people. I am thrilled to have found your delightful collection of inspiring ideas and darling printables. Thank you so much for taking the time and making the effort to share all that you do! My family has been blessed and I hope yours is too. God bless. 🙂