The verse you will be working on with your child in the next unit, The Desert, is Deuteronomy 8:15.
“He led you through the desert, that vast and waterless land.”
- A box with a special treat for your tot
- Put the box with the special treat somewhere out of sight from your tot.
- Go into a different room and ask your kiddo if they would like to play a game of follow the leader. Explain that you’ll be the leader and they will have to follow.
- Lead your tot through your home. Take a while with this game, almost to the breaking point for your tots patience. (I did say ALMOST 🙂
- Finally, lead your tot to the room where you have their special treat. Make a big deal out of finding the special treat and give it to your kiddo.
- Talk about the devotional with your tot.
Talk with your child about the following:
When we started this game, you didn’t know where we were going, did you? You know sometimes God will ask us to go somewhere and we don’t really know where we will go or what will happen. That is exactly what happened to Moses. God called Moses to do something very big, to lead his people out of Egypt where they were slaves, and Moses didn’t think he could do it. Moses didn’t know where he was going to take God’s people, let alone if he could even get them out of Egypt. All God told Moses was that he would lead him. Really Moses was playing a game of follow the leader, and God led Moses and his people through the desert, a place where it was very hot and there was no water to drink. Just like mommy led you to your treat, God will always lead us to good things.
Questions to ask:
- Why do we glorify God? Because he leads me to good things!
- You may want to review last weeks questions with your tot
- Mommy Devotional on the memory verse
|Questions? Post questions or comments on our Facebook Page. You may have the same question as someone else. If you don’t have a Facebook account, feel free to email us.|