This week our theme is Spring Weather! Our verse comes from Luke 8:24.
- Say the verse above with your tot. We suggest that you print the verse off and use it every morning with your calendar time. If you don’t do calendar time still say the verse each morning with your tot before you begin tot school.
- Read or paraphrase the Bible Story about Jesus calming the storm
- Follow the cues given in this devotional.
Talk with your child about the following:
We’re talking some this week about weather. We’ve talked about storms a little bit this week, and our memory verse comes from a story where Jesus was in a storm. We read in our story about Jesus’ friends who were out on a boat when a big storm came up.
Do you remember what Jesus was doing when the storm came up? He was sleeping. Jesus knew that the storm wasn’t bigger than God, and that He could trust His Father to take care of Him. Jesus friends on the boat didn’t trust that God would take care of them, so they went and they woke Jesus up. Jesus got up, raised His hands, and calmed the storm. He made the waves and the wind just stop.
We can always trust that God will take care of us, no matter what happens. There is never a storm that is bigger than He is, and whatever happens, God will take care of us. He brings us peace in the middle of a storm, all because He loves us. Let’s pray.
Dear Father, we know that sometimes we get scared when storms come up. We know though that no matter what happens, you are control. Thank you for keeping us safe through every storm. Amen.
Questions to ask:
- Who can calm any storm? Jesus
- What does Jesus give us when he calms our storms? Peace!