Old Testament Catechism
A Little More Information
- What You’ll Find Inside: The Old Testament Basics Bible Study is a chronological review with 225 questions (and answers) of Old Testament facts and truths about God. Each page contains two questions, and students both draw and write the answer into their workbook.
- Time Needed: Each question & answer should take about 5-10 minutes to complete.
- The Process: The teacher reads each question, then using the scripture reference provided, students find the answer. Once the answer has been found the teacher will restate the question and the answer. The teacher then repeats the question for the student to answer. Finally, the teacher will stick figure the answer on the board, while the students copy it in their books.
- Special Note: This study is not a “Westminster like” catechisms. It is strictly biblical facts.
- Example: Download a sample of the Old Testament Catechism here.
How We’re Using It
- Easy to Prepare – Like all of Grapevine Studies, it is very easy to prepare and completely scripted for parents. All I had to do was pull out the student page, color pencils and dry erase board.
- Fun for Kids – My son always enjoys doing the stick figuring part of the lesson. He is a huge drawing fan.
- Incorporates Variety of Learning Styles – Not only are kiddos hearing the word, but they are seeing it through the teacher/parent stick figuring as well as creating it with their own hands.
Overall, this is a great resource to review and reinforce Old Testaments facts and truths about God. My son loves it and I love how everything is already laid out for me.
A Teaching Mommy Disclosure: The featured product for this review was provided to me at no cost, by Grapevine Studies. All opinions expressed are my own.
Please be aware that affiliate links are present. If you purchase anything through an affiliate link, you give back a percentage to my family…thanks!