Memory verses on Leaves, our theme this week, are in short supply. Our verse this week will instead use leaves as part of the illustration. Our verse for the week is Hosea 2:23
- Several different types of leaves, and keep no two alike (Heads up: keep them on hand for some of our lessons!)
- Some pictures of children from different ethnicities (you could also just use a storybook with pictures of children in it)
- Ask your child to look at each of the leaves. See if they can point out some different things about them.
- Have your child look at the different children, and then themselves in the mirror. Ask them if they look different.
- Allow your child to point out the differences in people. (It will all come together, promise!)
- Talk about the devotional with your child.
- Pray with your child
Talk about the following:
Each of these leaves looks really different don’t they? Some are round, others have pointy edges, and some are even different colors. Its kind of easy to see how they are different, isn’t it? When we looked at the pictures of all the different boys and girls, they didn’t really look like us, did they? Some had skin that was a different color, and others had hair that looked different. Did you know that some of their voices sound different too? Sometimes its really easy to see how things are different. Did you know that really though, we are all the same to God? You see, these leaves go on different trees, don’t they? People though, they all belong to the same God. We all belong to Him, and He loves all of us very much. He loves us so much that He sent Jesus to us, so that when we believe in Jesus we can be with God forever in Heaven. We are all God’s people, and God is our God, just like our verse today says. Will you pray with me and thank God for making us all different, but loving all of us the same?
Dear God, we thank you for all of the people in the world. Thank you for loving us and sending Jesus to us. In His name we pray, Amen.
Questions to Ask:
- Does God love all people the same? Yes
- Who did God send to us because He loved us? Jesus
- You might sing “Jesus loves the little Children” with your child
- Go over last weeks questions with your tot.