This week we are posting lessons you can use with your tot for Thanksgiving. Our verse is from Psalm 100:4
Give thanks to Him and Praise His name!
This table Printable
These “thankful cards”
- Using this table printable, have your child pick their five favorite things.
- Have you child put their favorite things around the table.
- Go over the devotional with your child.
- Say the verse above with your child. We suggest that you print the verse off and use it every morning with your calendar time. If you don’t do calendar time still say the verse each morning with your tot before you begin tot school.
Talk about the following with your tot:
At Thanksgiving we always eat a big meal. We do this because we are celebrating all the the things we are thankful for. We used our table and put some things on the table that you really like. We put some fun things on the table didn’t we? Did you know that all of these things are something that we call blessings? Blessings are things that God gives us, not because we need them, but because he loves us and wants to give us good things. You see God doesn’t always give us everything that we want, but He does give us many good things. One of the best things that God ever gave us was His son, Jesus. God sent us Jesus so that we could always be with God. That is the thing we should be most thankful for. Its important that when God gives us good things that we show Him we’re thankful. We need to praise God for what He’s done, and be sure that we tell him that we’re thankful everyday. Let’s pray and tell God thank you!
Dear Father, thank you for giving us so many blessings. We know that all things come from you, and we know that you give us good things because you love us. We have so many things that we don’t need, you just know that we like them, so you’ve given them to us! Thank you for all of these things, and for loving us so much. Amen
Questions to ask your tot:
- You might want to review last weeks questions with your tot.
- Who gives us all the good things that we have? God
- What do we do when we are thankful for our blessings? Say THANK YOU!
|Questions? Post questions or comments on our Facebook Page. You may have the same question as someone else. If you don’t have a Facebook account, feel free to email us.