This week our memory verse comes from 2 Corinthians 5:5.
“Now it is God who has made us for this purpose.”
Some pictures of animals or some animal toys
A picture of your child
- Let your child pick an animal or a picture of an animal out.
- Ask your child if they know what that animal does, and talk with them about that.
- Talk about the devotional with your child
- Afterwards, pray with your little one and ask them the suggested questions.
- Say the verse above with your child. We suggest that you print the verse off and use it every morning with your calendar time. If you don’t do calendar time still say the verse each morning with your tot before you begin tot school.
Talk about the following with your tot:
We like animals, don’t we? All of these animals have a special purpose that God gave them and we talked a little about that. You know this week we’ve been learning a lot about spiders. Spiders are very important animals, did you know that? They are, really! God made spiders to eat other bugs and insects. Because spiders eat these bugs people don’t have to worry about there being too many bugs for us to handle. God made everything with a purpose that He intended. Purpose is a fancy way of saying what something is meant to do. Everything has a purpose. You know, I have a picture of you here, too. Did you know that just like everything God made, He made YOU with a purpose too! He did! Do you know what your purpose is? You are meant to love God and show that love to others! That is what God made you for, and only you can do what He made you to do! Today, let’s pray that God will give us a chance to love others and show us our purpose.
Dear Father, thank you for giving us all a special purpose. We know that you love us very much, and we ask that you help us show others how much we love you. Help us remember that we are special, that you love us, and that only we can do what you made us to do. Amen
Questions to ask your tot:
- You might want to review last weeks questions with your tot.
- What did God give each of us? Purpose
- What is our purpose? To show love to God
|Questions? Post questions or comments on our Facebook Page. You may have the same question as someone else. If you don’t have a Facebook account, feel free to email us.|