This week we are posting lessons you can use with your tot for Christmas. Our verse is from Luke 2:11.
The baby Jesus from a kid safe nativity (in other words, I wouldn’t recommend using your priceless family heirlooms for this one!)
- Before you go over the devotional with your kiddo, hide the baby Jesus from your nativity.
- Give your child the flashlight and turn out all of the lights in the room where you’ve hidden the baby Jesus.
- Tell your child that you’re going on a scavenger hunt but that you can’t turn on the lights, you can only use you flashlight.
- Explain to your child that you’re looking for the baby Jesus and help them find it with the flashlight.
- Go over the devotional with your child.
- Say the verse above with your tot. We suggest that you print the verse off and use it every morning with your calendar time. If you don’t do calendar time still say the verse each morning with your tot before you begin tot school.
Talk about the following with your tot:
We found the baby Jesus! Do you know why we used a flashlight to find baby Jesus? Well, our verse tells us that the baby Jesus was born in the town of David. We know that is Bethlehem. David was a King, and Jesus was also born to be a King. Where do kings live? They usually live in castles, don’t they? Jesus was the greatest King ever born, but He wasn’t born in a castle, He was born in a barn, so some people didn’t know where to find Him. Do you know how God showed people the way to His baby Jesus? He used a star with a very bright light. That’s why we used the flashlight to find the baby! We followed the light to baby Jesus just like the shepherds and wisemen who looked for Jesus when He was born. You see, whenever we wonder where Jesus is, we just need to follow the light! Now, the light we have to follow isn’t a light like a flashlight, it isn’t even a star! The light we should follow isn’t even really a light we can see with our eyes, its things we should do. God gave us the Bible to help us know the things we should do, and its what we follow to find our way to Jesus. Its not a flashlight, but its full of things that show us the way to go. Let’s pray to God and ask Him to help us follow His word so that we find our way to Jesus.
Dear Father, thank you so much for sending us your son, Jesus. We know that He was born to be a very special gift for us. We know that you put a bright star over the manger to show everyone the way to your baby, Jesus, and we know that you gave us the Bible to help us find our way to Jesus. Help us understand your word as we try and follow you! Amen.
Questions to ask your tot:
- You might want to review last weeks questions with your tot.
- What did God use to show people the way to Baby Jesus? A Star or a light
- What did God give us to show us to Jesus? The Bible
|Questions? Post questions or comments on our Facebook Page. You may have the same question as someone else. If you don’t have a Facebook account, feel free to email us.|