Gobble, gobble! It’s Turkey Week on 2 Teaching Mommies! That’s right, this week we are learning all about the bird that many US citizens associate with Thanksgiving.
Below you will find a list of suggestions and choices to create your own unique Family Theme Night. Pick and choose as you please…remember this isn’t about all the stuff it is about spending time with your family.
Meal: (Dinner, Desert or Both!)
- Make your favorite turkey dish or just substitute ground turkey in a beef dish. For example, we had turkey tacos.
- Here are 2 great deserts that use candy corn (click on the image to take you to the directions):
- Turkey Hunt– Hide a small turkey toy or a turkey print out and have your child try to find it. As they get “warmer” gobble.
- Turkey Dance– Find a recording of the Chicken Dance and pretend to be turkeys. Go here and scroll down to see actions.
- Turkey Hat– We created this last year and then acted out the story Run, Turkey, Run!
- Hand Print Turkeys- This is such a simple well-known craft, but it is just too cute not to do.
- Toilet Paper Roll Turkey Craft from All Kids Network.
Read a Book:
Have a great time enjoying your family and making new memories.
|Questions? Post questions or comments on our Facebook Page. You may have the same question as someone else. If you don’t have a Facebook account, feel free to email us.|
Very cute ideas! Thanks for sharing!
I just ran into this blog an I am soooo excited!! what great fun ideas! Seriously nice work ladies!