Our household, mainly mommy, has been sick this week. So, we didn’t get to do our Family Theme Night. However, we had a hoedown last year, so I wanted to share it with you.
Below you will find a list of suggestions and choices to create your own unique Family Theme Night. Pick and choose as you please…remember this isn’t about all the stuff it is about spending time with your family.
You can make this as simple or as complicated as you would like…just make/buy your favorite country dish. We decided to pig out on some KFC.
- Print off Rainbow Shape Animals and set them on each person’s plate. I colored them in Photoshop Elements before I printed them on card stock because we used them for Tot School. However, your children can help you get ready for the festivities by coloring in the animals.
- Get dressed up: overalls, red, cowboy hats, plaid, boots, pigtails, etc.
- Bucking Bronco– As you can tell from our picture, our bronco didn’t look like the horse on the farm, but since my husband is a fan of the Denver Broncos, it worked out great for us. An alternative that you could try is a horse on a stick. If you don’t own one, then make your own. On the last page of this PDF is a horse head that you can print and attach to a yard stick or long wrapping paper tube.
- Egg Gathering– I just used white card stock and cut out ovals for the eggs, but if you have plastic eggs then those would work great. You will also need a basket of some sort to put your eggs into.
- Cow Branding– You will need pictures of cattle, finger paint or paint of any color, and a cookie cutter of the letter you want to brand onto your cattle.
Read a Book:
Watch a Movie: Use your discretion on what is appropriate for your child. These movies are merely suggestions and you should read and consider reviews of these movies before watching them.
Have a great time enjoying your family and making new memories.
|Questions? Post questions or comments on our Facebook Page. You may have the same question as someone else. If you don’t have a Facebook account, feel free to email us.|