Now that the field is set and the danced cards are punched, it is time to make March Madness a family affair! Yes, that is right it is time for a Basketball family theme night. Can I hear your cheer?
Dribble it (clap, clap)
Pass it (clap, clap)
We made a basket! (clap, clap)
Below you will find a list of suggestions and choices to create your own unique Family Theme Night. Pick and choose as you please…remember this isn’t about all the stuff it is about spending time with your family.
Meal: (Dinner, Desert or Both!)
- Concession stand favorites (hot dogs, nachos, hamburgers, etc.)
- Basketball Cupcakes from Family Fun– You’ll probably want to make these ahead of time, but wouldn’t your kiddos love them. Of course to make life easier all you need is sugar cookies and orange frosty.
- Basketball Drills– Get outside or head to an indoor basketball court. Take some time to teach your kiddo some of your dribbling moves!
- Basketball Game- Watching basketball on TV can be fun too. Make sure to support your favorite college team by dressing in team colors or logo wear.
- Indoor Basketball– Place a wastebasket on the floor and use masking tape to mark distances from the basket. Get the kids to toss in balls made with scrunched up newspapers. See who can get the ball in from the furthest distance away.
I couldn’t find a lot of fun craft ideas. So, if you have any basketball crafts that you’d recommend please share in the comments!
Read a Book or Watch a Movie:
Have a great time enjoying your family and making new memories.
|Remember: These movies are merely suggestions and you should read and consider reviews of these movies before watching them.|