I am so glad that fall is in the air. This is by far my favorite season. There just seems to be so much to do and see this time of year. One of my favorite activities is apple picking, so we just had to have an apple theme week! This of course means that we had to have a family night that was all about apples!
Below you will find a list of suggestions and choices to create your own unique Family Theme Night. Pick and choose as you please…remember this isn’t about all the stuff it is about spending time with your family.
Meal: (Dinner, Desert or Both!)
- Pork Chops with Apples & Stuffing -Doesn’t this look delicious?I didn’t have the time to make it, but I added it to my fall recipes ideas. If you make it, I would love to know how it turned out!
- Caramel Cover Apples with various toppings (choc chips, butterscotch chips, vanilla chips, nuts, pecans, sprinkles, etc
- Or just dip apples in caramel dip
- Apple Crisp
- Apple Stacks– Have your child stack one apple on top of another apple, until their tower falls. See how many they can stack without it falling.
- Pass the Apple– (Hot Potato with an apple.) The children pass an apple until the music stops. Who ever is holding it when the music stops is sent to the center of the circle.
- Bobbing for Apples
- Apple Prints– Apples make a great painting instrument use them instead of sponges or other instruments.
- Finger Print Apple Tree from DLTK Kids.
- Tissue Paper Apple Craft from Krafty Kid. You can easily turn this into a stain glass apple, by sticking the tissue paper on to contact paper.
Holly A. says
Just stopping by: I saw the link on We Teach. What a great site, I just subscribed and will be back often!