This week our theme is Spring! Our verse comes from Psalms 85:11.
“Faithfulness springs forth from the Earth, and righteousness
looks down from Heaven.”
- An annual flower, something that comes back after every winter, like a daffodil (personal fave)
- If nothing in your area has bloomed, then you can use a fake flower, or a picture of some…the lack of blooms might be REALLY good for this particular lesson 🙂
- Say the verse above with your tot. We suggest that you print the verse off and use it every morning with your calendar time. If you don’t do calendar time still say the verse each morning with your tot before you begin tot school.
- Follow the cues given in this devotional.
Talk with your child about the following:
This week we are talking all about Spring! Spring is a season of the year, and it is one of mommies favorite seasons. Spring is the season that follows winter. Can you think of some things that we see in winter? Go ahead and tell mommy some things that you see in winter. (Let them name some things that they would see in winter). That’s right! We see those things in winter when its cold outside.
One thing that happens in winter is that all the trees loose their leaves and we don’t see any flowers around, do we? Flowers need lots of sunshine and rain to grow, and in the winter its just too cold for them to stay strong and healthy. But just because we don’t see them, are they gone forever? NO! They aren’t are they?
When we believe in something that we don’t see we call it faith. Flowers like the ones I have here may not grow in the winter when its cold, but we know that when spring comes that the flowers will come back again! We have faith that the flowers will bloom again, and that God will make everything come back in Spring.
Now, we can’t see God either can we? We talk to Him, and pray to Him, but we can’t see Him, even though we can see the things He does all around us. Just like the flowers in the winter, we don’t see Him, but we know He is here. When we believe in God even when we can’t see Him that’s called faith. Do you know how our faith makes God feel? Pleased! He is very happy with us when we believe in Him. Let’s pray.
Dear Father, we thank you for a new season! We thank you for the grass that is turning green, and the flowers that will soon be growing. We have Faith God that you will make all things new, and that the things around us will grow and bloom again. Help our faith in you to grow also. Its in your name we pray. Amen
Questions to ask:
- You may want to review last weeks questions with your tot
- What is it called when we believe things we can’t see yet? FAITH!!
- How does God feel when we show Him faith? PLEASED!!