Disclosure: I received this product for free and was compensated for my time. All opinions expressed are my own and I was not required to post a positive review.
Our son loves music, but music lessons aren’t cheap and the children’s choir at church is only active during the fall. Finding something to continue to encourage his musical pursuits has not been easy, so when I received Zeezok’s Music Appreciation Book 1 Collection, I was eager to give it a try. Can I just say that this curriculum has been the highlight of our school year! I never would have guessed that we would both get so much enjoyment from learning about classical composers.
About Zeezok’s Elementary Music Appreciation
Since 2003 Zeezok Publishing has been striving to publish top quality materials that will complement your educations needs. The Music Appreciation Book 1 Collection accomplishes that task with flying colors. While you’re kiddo is learning about the life and work of seven great composers they will be experiencing hands-on activities in geography, history, cooking, instrument studies, music vocabulary, handwriting, character traits, and more. This is certainly more than I was expecting from a music appreciation curriculum. Each set includes a student activity book, music discs, lap book, and seven different composer biographies.
Why I Love Zeezok’s Music Appreciation Curriculum
- The books are very engaging. My son and I enjoyed digging into the life of Bach, the first composer in the curriculum. We took turns reading the chapters to each other. It was fascinating learning about the culture and way of life in Bach’s time. The authors even incorporated some of Bach’s musical work into the lessons. We enjoyed stopping to listen to selections of Bach’s original pieces during each lesson. It added a whole new dimension to the study.
- The activities are flexible and adaptable. Instead of having my 7-year-old write answers to the questions I read them aloud and we discussed them. We also enjoyed being able to pick and choose between the wide selection of activities. To top it all off, this curriculum can easily fit into any homeschool schedule. We used it as designed, covering one composer a month, but I’m planning to stretch the next composer study out. The authors have made it easy to customize your learning experience.
- Everything is planned out and all the materials are provided! Talk about simple and no stress. I know I’m not the only homeschooling mama that loves a good curriculum that’s done all the work for me.
If you’re looking for a simple way to make music a part of your homeschool day then this program is for you. I highly recommend Zeezok’s Elementary Music Appreciation collections to the well-versed enthusiast as well as the musical newbie. We are looking forward to working our way through this curriculum in our homeschool over the next few semesters.
Win Zeezok’s Music Appreciation Book 1 Collection
Zeezok is giving away one complete kit! Use the form below to enter.
Can’t wait. Buy it now! Use coupon code ihomeschool15 to get 10% off on all products listed in the Music Appreciation Category. Expires 4/10/2015
Find out More About Zeezok Publishing
Visit them at a conference.
- Homeschooling Works – Farmington Hills, MI March 21
- Great Homeschool Conventions – Cincinnati, OH April 9-11
- Christian Homeschool Assoc of PA (CHAP) – Harrisburg, PA May 8-9
Connect with them.
- Website – www.zeezok.com
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/pages/ZeezokPublishingLLC/208441035019
- Twitter – @ZeezokPub
- Pinterest – www.pinterest.com/zeezok/
- YouTube – www.youtube.com/user/ZeezokPublishing
Zeezok curriculum received two 2015 Practical Homeschooling Magazine awards.
- 1st Place Music Appreciation – Great Musician Series (the biographies the curriculum is based on)
- 2nd Place Music Appreciation – Music Appreciation for the Elementary Grades