After attending the Teach Then Diligently Convention I am determined to finally finish Educating the Wholehearted Child by Clay and Sally Clarkson. And this summer is just the time to do it. It will be the perfect end of the school year reading. Not only will it help me to remember why I’m homeschooling, but it will hopefully rejuvenate me as I forge ahead to the next school year.
Do you want to join me? To make it even more interesting I thought I’d host a little informal book study on 2 Teaching Mommies Facebook page. Just like the Facebook page to join in.
I will also be adding my thoughts in a blog post for those of you that would rather participate that way.
Every Friday morning I will create a post for the chapter read and pin it to the top of 2 Teaching Mommies Facebook page. Once you’ve finished reading come on over and let me know what stood out, things you want to put into action, something that inspired or convicted you. The goal will be to have the first chapter read by Friday May 31st, but that chapter discussion thread will be up until the following Friday, so come when you can.
If we start next week and do a chapter a week then we will have 14 chapters completed by the end of August. The last 4 we can complete in September. (I realize some of us may start getting really busy by that time.)
I know this is short notice for those of you who don’t have the book, but just jump ahead if need be. If you can, do the free trail of Amazon Prime then you’ll get it in 2 days with free shipping. Even if you can’t follow with these dates, come back to the discussion and share your ideas. I’d love to hear them.
- Chapter 1: May 27-31, discussion up on the 31st
- Chapter 2: June 1-7, discussion up on the 7th
- Chapter 3: June 8-14, discussion up on the 14th
- Chapter 4: June 15-21, discussion up on the 21st
- Chapter 5: June 22-28, discussion up on the 28th
- Chapter 6: June 29-July 5, discussion up on the 5th
- Chapter 7: July 6-12, discussion up on the 12th
- Chapter 8: July 13-19, discussion up on the 19th
- Chapter 9: July 20-26, discussion up on the 26th
- Chapter 10: July 27-Aug 2, discussion up on the 2nd
- Chapter 11: Aug 3-9, discussion up on the 9th
- Chapter 12: Aug 10-16, discussion up on the 16th
- Chapter 13: Aug 17-23, discussion up on the 23rd
- Chapter 14: Aug 25-30, discussion up on the 30th
- Chapter 15: Aug 31-Sept 6, discussion up on the 6th
- Chapter 16: Sept 7-13, discussion up on the 13th
- Chapter 17: Sept 14-20, discussion up on the 20th
- Chapter 18: Sept 21-27, discussion up on the 27th
Well there you go. I hope you’ll join me. It will be great to hear what parts spoke to you.
Please be aware that affiliate links are present. If you purchase anything through an affiliate link, you give back a percentage to our family…thanks!