As a homeschool mom I am diligent to be sure my son’s education includes all the basics–math, science, social studies, reading, writing, etc. You know the list. You make your lessons plans each week being sure to cover all the important subjects. But one area that we kept overlooking was art education. I seemed to easily incorporate it into our preschool days, but once we started kindergarten it got put on the back burner and my son missed it. I just didn’t have the time and in all honesty I’m no artist.
Disclosure: I purchased this product for our family, however I was compensated for my time in writing this review. All opinions expressed are my own and I was not required to post a positive review.
Since art plays an important role in our world and it offers a great outlet for self-expression I didn’t want my kids to miss it. So I went in search of an art curriculum that didn’t require me, as the instructor, to have all of the knowledge and skill. I was excited when I found Home Art Studio, because it was everything I was looking for in a homeschool art curriculum.
About Home Art Studio
The Home Art Studio program is a DVD-based full spectrum art curriculum. Each lesson highlights a different form of art, a particularly well-known artist, or an aspect of our everyday lives that could inspire art and creativity. With Home Art Studio your child will be drawing, painting, sculpting and more! Ms. Volin, your students personal in-home art instructor, will teach your child how to create works of art using the same materials and techniques as the professional. She suggests doing one art lesson per week and progressing through them sequentially as each lessons builds on the previous ones.
Why I Love Home Art Studio Curriculum
- Minimal planning and prep. This program makes including art a snap. At the beginning of the year simply purchase all the art materials that you’ll need. (The art materials are sold separately from the DVDs.) When you’re ready to do a project just use the lesson plan to grab the needed art materials. Then slip in the DVD and Ms. Volin does the rest. I usually will have my son watch the full episode first. Then we repeat the lesson pausing when needed while he creates or for me to assist him. Depending on the project we will spread the lesson out over a couple days. This allows time for paint and/or glue to dry.
- Use of a variety of art techniques and media. I love that Home Art Studio introduces my son to several types of art media and different ways to use them. He gets a chance to work with pastels, paint, clay and more. For me this is huge because as a non-artistic mom I would shy away from materials that I hadn’t used before.
- My son is eager for his art lesson. This curriculum motivates my son to get his work done because he absolutely loves doing each project. As soon as his dad walks in the door he can’t wait to show off his completed work. Sometimes he even insists that I text his father a picture before he gets home.
If you’re looking for an easy way to incorporate art into your homeschool then this program is for you. The Home Art Studio collection has been a huge hit at our house. My son loves the lessons and I love how easy it fits into our homeschool life. I would encourage every homeschooling mommy to look into the Home Art Studio curriculum to see it it’s a fit for you.
Find out More About Home Art Studio
Connect with them.
- Website – https://www.officialhomeartstudio.com/
- Facebook – Home Art Studio
- Twitter – @Home_Art_Studio
- Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/homeartstudio
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/HomeArtStudio
- Vimeo – https://vimeo.com/officialhomeartstudio
Shecki @ Greatly Blessed says
We love Home Art Studio, too. 🙂 We have 4 of the disks so far, and I’m pretty sure we’ll end up with all of them.