For our craft this week, I decided to focus on the planet Earth. As I was looking for inspiration I came across a wide variety of crafts to choose from. So, if you don’t want to do this one I’m sure you can find one out there more your style. This particular activity was all over the web (not sure of the original creator) and done in several ways. Below is the way that worked best for my kiddo.
- After printing off a image of the Earth, I traced the North and South America onto the coffee filter using a permanent marker. (The permanent ink doesn’t spread once water is put on it.)
- Put paper towels down in front of your kiddo and place the coffee filter on top. (The towels help absorb the excess water later.)
- Have your child color in the continents and water areas with the washable markers. My son prefers coloring with someone, so we color it in together. It doesn’t need to be completely colored in, but the more color the more vibrant your Earth will be.
- Once you’ve added all the color you want, put some water on it and watch the colors spread.
- Finally let it air dry. We put ours over the air vent to dry more quickly.
It’s such a simple yet effective idea! Thanks for sharing it at we teach!
This really turned out nicely!
How cool is that??? Great job! Kerri