So this week in tot school we are working on a unit that centers around the people that help us in our community! We have been talking about the garbage man, the mail man, and the grocer this week! For our movie night we watched Wall-E and made Trash Bag Movie Mix for our snack.
We are visiting the beach this week (courtesy of the generosity of the grand-parents!) and had our movie night with the whole family here. E was really excited to watch a movie with her Uncle JJ, and we made a REALLY simple snack mix.
- 1 Bag Kettle Corn microwave popcorn, popped
- 1 cup of Peanuts (you probably have some left from the tumbleweeds if you’re like us!)
- 1 cup of pretzels
- Some chocolate Chips (optional-I didn’t have any, but I think they would be tasty in this!)
Take all of your ingredients and put them into a gallon ziploc baggie.* Let your tot shake them all together and then pour it into a bowl. Feast and enjoy your movie!
- You could also use a small garbage bag if you want to really go with the theme. I didn’t have a small bag, and I thought E wouldn’t be able to shake the mix in a bigger bag.
- E loved this stuff and fought off her uncle and daddy to keep her snack mix safe. You might want to make a double batch to share with the family 🙂
- Below you’ll find some possible movie ideas for a community helpers movie night.
- Use your discretion on what is appropriate for your child. These movies are merely suggestions and you should read and consider reviews of these movies before watching them.
- Be sure and check Netflix if you have an instant streaming option. Many of these movies are in their instant queue.
|Questions? Post questions or comments on our Facebook Page. You may have the same question as someone else. If you don’t have a Facebook account, feel free to email us.|
Madonna (Lil' Ms.P) says
Our goal is to be a week ahead, so that we can tweak the lessons if something didn’t work as well as we had hope. Lesson plans and printables go up every Friday, so you have the weekend to prep for your week ahead.
You will notice in our Calendar section that we will be posting about various holidays the week before the actually holiday, this will allow you to teach it the week of. Does this help?
Hilary Kingery says
Hello! I love your site and use it for my preschool daughter. We have completed the my body and my family units but this week I wanted to try and get on the same calendar…is there a lesson plan page and all of the activities for the one on the calendar for this week – the community helpers? When do you post the plans and activities? Thanks for all of the work that the two of you do…we LOVE your site!!