Last year at this time I was actually just getting started on our Christmas countdown. I’m pretty sure my pregnancy has actually helped me to stay on top of it this year. Well, that and the fact that I decided to take a break from our preschool schedule. Oh and then there is the whole blogging thing, that has pretty much flown out the window. It is a lot easier to get things done when other things have been cut out. Am I right?
This year I’ve mixed a few of my favorite activities together. You can read more about that here.
So far everything has been going smoothly. We did have to combine a few activities because we just didn’t get to some days. But that’s the great thing about these resources. Even with combining activities it still doesn’t take a lot of time, but my kiddo is learning about the true meaning of the season.
Here are the things that have worked for us:
- Used an alternate schedule from Truth in the Tinsel and then spread it out over the month.
- Only used the printable ornaments from Truth in the Tinsel.
- Selected Family Activities that we were already planning on doing from Everyday Emmanuel.
- Watch the Big Question videos (they’re only a few minutes long) from Everyday Emmanuel on the computer while we sat at the table and ate dinner.
- Broke down the Birth of Jesus lessons from Grapevine Studies into even smaller segments and used it with the lesson section of Truth in the Tinsel .
All in all I am very happy with how the first half of our Christmas Countdown has gone. Now with baby brother due any day I can’t promise that our last half will be as smooth, but I choose to be optimistic.
How have your first 12 days gone?
|A Mommy Talks Disclosure: Please be aware that affiliate links are present. If you purchase anything through an affiliate link, you give back a percentage to my family…thanks!|
Leave a Reply