While at the 2:1 Conference several years ago, I got my first introduction to Grapevine Studies. I just happened to be walking around, waiting for the next session to start, when I came up to their table. I flipped through the variety of studies that they offered and as I explored them I fell in love with them. I knew my oldest son would love them too and I couldn’t wait to do the lessons with him.
So, today I’m so excited to share a little more about the Beginner Birth of Jesus study.
This 7 lesson bible study is a perfect way to learn more about the Birth of Jesus. I highly recommend doing it during the month of December because it focuses on the events that surrounded the Nativity. (Topics include: Mary, Joseph, Birth of Jesus, The Shepherds, The Temple, The Wise Men and Herod.)
About Birth of Jesus Bible Study
- Beginning studies age recommendation is 5-7. However, younger children can have success with the studies if they’re able to sit and focus for 15 minutes.
- The studies teach foundational Bible facts and leave application to the teacher, therefore allowing it to be used across a variety of denominations.
Why We Like Grapevine Studies
- Easy to Prepare – All I had to do was pull out the student page, crayons and dry erase board. Plus, it is completely scripted for the parents!
- Fun for Kids – My son’s favorite part was of course the stick figuring. When I asked if he’d like to do more bible studies like this he said very quickly, “YES!”
- Incorporates Variety of Learning Styles – Not only are kiddos hearing the word, but they are seeing it through the teacher/parent stick figuring as well as creating it with their own hands. And research says that you can enhance your ability to learn and remember by incorporating as many senses as possible.
Overall, this is a great study that would be perfect for the Christmas season. My son loves it and I love how easy it is to teach the bible to my kiddo!
Not only are Grapevine’s resources fabulous, but so is the face behind this great company. I had the honor to get to know Dianna a little bit more at that same conference and we’ve been buds ever since. Here’s a little pic of our late night adventure in DC.
|Review Disclosure: The featured product for this review was provided to us at no cost, by Grapevine Studies. All opinions expressed are my own. Please be aware that affiliate links may be present. If you purchase anything through an affiliate link, you give back a percentage to our family…thanks!|