This week we . are posting lessons you can use with your tot for Christmas. Our verse is from John 3:16:
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only son.”
Note: This devotional is HEAVILY inspired by the “What God Wants For Christmas”
One Gift bag with the baby Jesus tucked inside like a present
One Gift bag with a mirror tucked inside like a present
- Explain to your child that you have two gifts in your hands. One is just for them from God, and the other is a gift that God wants for Christmas.
- Give them the bag with Baby Jesus in it and tell them not to open just yet.
- Go over the devotional with your child.
- Say the verse above with your tot. We suggest that you print the verse off and use it every morning with your calendar time. If you don’t do calendar time still say the verse each morning with your tot before you begin tot school.
Talk about the following with your tot:
You are holding a very special gift in your hands. This isn’t just any gift. Nope, this is a gift that God sent JUST FOR YOU. Do you want to open it and see what is inside? Its the baby Jesus! Did you know that Jesus was God’s ONLY son? Really, He was. Our memory verse this week tells us that God sent Jesus just for us. Jesus was a very special baby, and He grew up to be a very special man because He was the son of God. God wanted very much to be with you one day in Heaven, and Jesus wanted that, too. Because Jesus loved us, He was willing to die on the cross for us, so that we could be in Heaven with Him and God. We have one other gift to open though, don’t we? In this bag is what God wants for Christmas. What’s inside? A mirror, right? Who is inside the mirror? That’s right, you!!! God wants you more than anything else this Christmas. He wants you to know how much He loves you, and He wants you to love Him, too. This Christmas we might get a lot of presents, but there is one present that is more special than any others that we have. Let’s pray and thank God for what he gave us at Christmas time.
Dear Father, thank you so much for sending us your son, Jesus. We know that He was born to be a very special gift for us. You gave us so much when you sent Him to be here on Earth with us, and we thank you for the gift you gave. We know that we are also very special to you, and we ask that you help us grow to know you better. Help us to give our hearts to you. Amen.
Questions to ask your tot:
- You might want to review last weeks questions with your tot.
- What special gift did God send us at Christmas? Jesus
- What gift does God want this Christmas? Me!
Questions? Post questions or comments on our Facebook Page. You may have the same question as someone else. If you don’t have a Facebook account, feel free to email us.