So, we have been learning about ants this week, and for our craft we made a very simple craft to learn about where ants live!
Now, this takes some prep work on mom’s (or dad’s) part to make sure things run smoothly, but its minimal and easy. Here is what you’ll need!
- Construction Paper (1 Blue, 1 Green, 1 Brown)
- Cotton Balls
- Glue Stick
- Stamp Pad
- Before sitting down with your kiddo take the blue paper and cut it in halves. Take the green and cut out a narrow strip, and use the brown to cut out an ant hill. (Note: I made four of these to give to grandparents, hence why there are four of each thing!)
- Let your kiddo glue the green strip on the bottom of a blue half of paper.
- Next glue on your anthill, making sure the bottom is tucked under the green strip.
- Your tot can stretch out the cotton balls, and you can use them to glue on clouds.
- Using the stamp pad, let your child make ants with their fingerprint. You might want to let them practice on a blank sheet of paper first, and you will likely need to guide smaller tots!
- Make three joining fingerprints to create an “ant”.
- Use a pen to make the legs, antenna, and face for you ant.
Have a great time crafting and learning with your kiddo!