This week our memory verse comes from Matthew 6:26.
“Look at the birds of the air….your heavenly father feeds them.”
Some types of food in packages (crackers, cookies, can goods, etc.)
- Have your child look at each of the food items in front of them
- Ask where they think that food came from.
- Go over the devotional with your child.
- Say the verse above with your child. We suggest that you print the verse off and use it every morning with your calendar time. If you don’t do calendar time still say the verse each morning with your tot before you begin tot school.
Talk about the following with your tot:
We have a lot of food here, don’t we? All of this food came from the grocery store, didn’t it? Did you know that all of the food we have to eat is a gift from God? Really, it is! You see, God gave Mommy and Daddy the money to go buy this food so that you can have good things to eat. Our verse today tells us to look at the birds that fly in the sky and know that God gives them food to eat. Birds can’t go to grocery stores like people. They rely on God to give them the good things their bodies need to grow. God loves us even more than He loves birds, did you know that? If He loves the birds enough to feed them, then we know that He loves us and won’t let us go without the things we need. We need to thank God that He has given us food to eat everyday, and we need to thank God that He takes care of those that love Him.
Dear Father, thank you for giving us all the things that we need. We know that everything comes for you, and that you love us and will give us what we need when we need it. Thank you for blessing us with good food to eat, and for taking care of all the animals in your creation. We love you. Amen
Questions to ask your tot:
- You might want to review last weeks questions with your tot.
- Who makes sure all the birds eat? God
- Does God make sure we have the things we need too? YES!
Questions? Post questions or comments on our Facebook Page. You may have the same question as someone else. If you don’t have a Facebook account, feel free to email us.
Leave a Reply