Welcome to A Teaching Mommy, formerly 2 Teaching Mommies. If you’ve been following 2 Teaching Mommies then you can read all about the Fresh Look and New NameIf you’re new, you can learn more about this site here.

Monsters

What?  You were expecting a forest unit?  Well, isn’t that just like a monster, sneaking up out of the blue when you weren’t ready!  Don’t worry the forest unit is still coming, we’re a little bit behind.

Since we didn’t want to leave you empty handed this weekend, we figured we would share our BRAND NEW MONSTER UNIT! Every month we will be bringing you a brand spanking new unit and this month we couldn’t resist the monsters! (And don’t miss our Monsters K Extension Pack!)

preview_template

Just click the image above to download a single zip file of all the printables from Google Drive. (Can’t unzip it. Try Hamster Free Zip Archiver approved by Amber’s husband. Remember to download carefully.)

You will need to be able to view pop-ups to download the unit, as it will appear in a pop up window from our site!

Here are the printables included in this unit:

• Counting Mat (You’ll need our counting cards.)
  • Magnet Page
  • Mash That Monster!
  • Roll & Graph
  • Monster Parts
  • Patterns (ABAB and AABB)
  • Spelling Page
  • Count & Clip
  • Which is Different?
  • Writing Maze
  • Number Order Puzzle (1-10 and 11-20)

Book Suggestions

Tot Pack

Looking for some ideas for a younger tot?  Check out 1+1+1=1 Happy Monster Tot Pack

Products We Use with Our Units

Check out our Pinterest Board for more ideas, units, printables and crafts available on this theme! (And don’t miss our Monsters K Extension Pack!)

This post contains affilated links.  Please click here to read our full disclosure policy.

Special thanks to Just So Scrappy for graphics.

Comments

Oh my goodness!  I just about fell over when this showed up in my Google Reader!  Guess what unit I’ve been working on?  I was hoping to release it today, but I’ve had sick kids for the past few days so I’m a bit behind.  Now I’m really tempted to just scrap it & go with yours.  It’s SO cute!  Nice job, and thanks for your hard work!

Bummer. We hate when that happens. It has happened to us too! If you already have it done you should post it anyway. You might have some different activities to offer.

3. Mommy2NoahNate says

Just found this site for the first time.  I am excited to use some of these activities with my 2 year old and also my new little Kg sweeties this coming week!  Thanks for sharing – I’ll certainly be back soon!

4. Petitdeviendragrand says

I own a small pre-k school in Quebec, Canada. Normaly, I use activities in French but your Monsters pack is so cute that I’ll propose your activities to the kids. I know they’ll love it! Great work! Keep it up! I’ll come back for sure!
    Sylvie

5. Mollie says

The set is absolutely adorable! Thanks so much for making it available. I just got my laminator today and this will be my very first preschool kit:o)

In the United States, many states offer widely in the kindergarten year free for children from five to six years of age, but do not make it compulsory, while other states require every five years of age to enroll. Terms of nursery or less often, “pre-K” (formerly, nursery school) is used to refer to a school for children who are not old enough to attend kindergarten. Also, some U.S. school districts to provide half-day or full-day kindergarten in elections parents.

In British English, nursery or playgroup is the usual term for preschool education, and rarely uses the kindergarten, but in the context of a special approach to education, such as Steiner education – Waldorf educational philosophy founded by Rudolf Steiner.

toddler to preschool activities